Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hola mis amigos y mi familia

Hola mis amigos y mi familia..

This email is gonna be kinda short and sweet..

Lots of crazy things going on here in Kennewick! Thunderstorms like you wouldn't believe. I am a scaredycat. haha. We have been tracting lots and lots. Having a hard time finding people who want to listen but we are working hard. They are here somewhere. We have still been working a lot with less-actives and recent converts which has its ups and downs but I absolutely love the people here in Kennewick. I am very lucky to have this time to serve here. We were in a lesson last week and the first NFL game was on TV. Woof. That was a doozy. But I left before I got sucked into the beautiful game of football haha. I am learning a lot from training. I am learning a lot about patience and I think that having Lexi as my sister has really come to help me as a trainer. Hermana Dixon is awesome but she is still new and learning. 

We had exchanges with the Pasco Hermanas this week. Hermana Kolste was my companion for the day. She is freaking hilarious and we had a good time. She was Hermana Dixons companion in the MTC so she doesn't really know much espanol either. But we had a good time. I still have horrible luck on exchanges but we made the best of it. 

Ronay and Nelson are doing good. We are thinking of passing them to the Elders just so they can learn in a different way but we don't know yet. Other than that..not much to report. 

Spiritual Experience: I watched a video called "Misisonary Work and The Atonement" this week. It is also a talk that Elder Holland gave to mission presidents a few years ago. I have been having a hard time in these last few weeks with all of the crazy things that have happened but when I read this talk I was able to see a better perspective on things. He says "I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy...How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for him?" I know that there are going to be have to be times on my mission that I have to take a few moments in Gethsemane. But the good news is that Jesus Christ overcame all. And because he did that..so can I. 

Funny moment: President Ladow is the first counselor in the stake presidency. I was having a hard time and he came up to me and said "Hermana McBride, if life was a big piece of cake..we would all turn out bald and fat like me". Hahahaha! It was exactly what I needed to hear. 

I love you all so much.
xoxo.
Smile Always.

-Hermana McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment