Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Stay Classy, San Diego!


Happy Tuesday everyone!
 
Yes, P-day is on tuesday here. And by here I mean San Diego, CA. For those who still haven't heard the exciting, insane news...I was transferred to a brand new mission this week. I will kind of give you a run down of the past week.
 
I was able to say goodbye to some people in Kennewick but not enough. I didn't get to say goodbye to the amazing familia Lopez because we had to help the new missionaries coming in that night. The next day I was transferred to Moses Lake with Hermana Ahlstrom for about 2 days. It was actually quite an eventful 2 days. Hermana Ahlstrom is super cute and we had so much fun. *See Funny Moment*
 
After being there for only 2 days, I got a call from President Ware. Due to the "hastening of the work" we were swamped with a ton of Hermanas and due to some circumstances in our mission, President Ware talked with Salt Lake City and they wanted to move an Hermana to the San Diego mission. LUCKY ME! hehehe. So of course I was super thrown off and super confused, but I have come to really understand that God always has other plans for us. I miss Kennewick more than words can explain but I know God has prepared people here in San Diego for me to teach and I am super excited to be here. The weather doesn't hurt either. I went to the mission home the next day and was able to call Hermana Jones and Hermana Pierce to say goodbye. It was very bittersweet and I was so scared. President gave me an amazing blessing and I was off the next day.
 
So I showed up to California on Saturday and got to work that night. I am in a trio with Hermanas Anderson and Flandro who are both way cool. We get along really well and they have really helped me adapt to a new culture. The weather is amazing. I really got out of Washington at the right time. haha. I am about 10 minutes from the Mexico border in a town called Chula Vista. We are serving in a spanish WARD which is like surreal to me. There are 2 spanish wards in one stake..What the heck?! #WelcomeToThePromisedLand. Also, for those of you who are into the whole "District 2" series..that was all in my area. The Robles family is in my stake!! I get to meet them next week probably. I feel like a mormon groupie or something haha. So if you would like to see what my life is like right now..just go watch The District 2. 
 
I am hoping that they will make The District 3 while I am here so I can be famous or something..probly won't happen though. I am so so excited to be here. A lot of little differences but it has been cool to see that The Gospel is the same everywhere. 
 
Funny Moment: Me and Hermana Ahlstrom were out meeting memebers and we knocked on this door and the little boy ran to the door. We said "HI! Is your mom here?". He says, "No..She died." STRAIGHT FACED. Couldn't tell if he was kidding or not. He turns around and me and Ahlstrom just DIED LAUGHING. We felt so bad but it was so freaking hilarious. I think he was kidding because according to our records..his mom is alive. Mexican 6 year olds will get you every time.
 
Spiritual Moment: I have learned so much about the power of prayer this week. Change is so hard. Trials feel nearly impossible sometimes. I have felt somewhat in a tunnel with a very dim light at the end. BUT the great thing is that we have prayer to help that light brighten up.  I have never prayed so hard in my life. I have had to completely rely on the Lord to get me through this challenge but I have seen his hand so much in my life lately. So please always pray. He wants to hear you and He WILL help you. 
 
I love you and miss you all so much. McKell..see you next week in San Diego. bahaha jk. don't come find me or I will kill you. 
 
Que Tenga Buena Semana. Hasta Martes!
smile always. xoxo.
(New sign-off)..Stay Classy San Diego..
 
-Hermana McBride 

No comments:

Post a Comment