Monday, May 27, 2013

Still in Yakkktown.


Hello Familia y Amigos!
 
Okay so transfer calls came in and it was the most stressful 2 days waiting for the phone to ring. It felt like a mission call all over again haha. Anyway, I am staying here with Hermana Jones in Yakkkktown. But sadly Momma Pierce is leaving us. I feel like a chunk of my heart is being taken from me. She is heading to Pasco. So we are a little depressed lately but don't worry we are going to get pedicures for our Pday activity hahaha. We also went shopping last week and it was great. I love target so much.
 
As far as the work is going, uhhh...we are kinda getting dropped left and right. Its tough because we are about to start a transfer but we are trying to hold on to the people who really do seem ready. But this week when one of our investigators dropped us, we talked to some of the members in our branch and they talked about their conversion story. It was a testimony to me that people have to be ready. As missionaries we aren't here to convince people. If they arent accepting it, then there is nothing we can do but love them and serve them. It is the same with life. We can't depend our fate on others agency. Hard concept but it is very true.
 
Sometimes I don't feel adequete to be a missionary. Before my mission, I wasn't a scriptorian nor was I Molly Mormon. What I have come to realize is that I don't have to be. I am able to share my testimony in the best way that I can and try to become a better disciple of Christ everyday.
 
So...There is this joke at the church lately that everyone thinks I look sad all the time. But in reality I am just trying really hard to figure out what they are saying hahaha. I am now the Co-piano player with Hermana Jones for the primary haha. They like to sing really fast and my hands feel like they are going to fall off. But i loveeeee it!
 
Spiritual Thought: We got to speak at a baptism for The Gomez family this week (the elders taught her). Elvia is a single mom of 7 kids in a little house. Her kids are so freaking cute. She is the definiton of GOLDEN. Anyway, it was amazing to see this family take those steps into being together forever. I am greatful for the family that I have and for raising me in this church. I could see her face light up when she was baptized. Truly amazing.
 
Funny Thought: While we are tracting we sometimes like to make up songs and I have a good one that I want to share:
 
(Sung with 3 little birds by Bob Marley)
 
Rise up this morning
Smile with the rising sun
3 Hermanas
were on my door step
Saying sweet things
a message that was pure and true
they said, "This message can bless youuuu"
 
Singin don't worry about a thing
Cuz Jesus Christ will make everything alright
Singin don't worry about a thing
Cuz Jesus Christ will make everything alright
 
Hehehe :-)
 
Alrighty welpp, I am gonna head out. Love you all so so much. I pray for you all every day!! Have a great week.
XOXO!!
 
-Hermana McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment