Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Roller Coaster Ride

Buenos Dias:)

Alright so this week has been insane. Just up and down and all that nonsense. Welcome to my missionary life. My vivid dreams of being home are still haunting me every now and then but I am still trying to SEGUIR ADELANTE! We also found a family of 6 kids and single mother that we taught this week (The Morales Family). We have only taught them one lesson but they seem way solid and I am so stoked to teach them.

The main topic of my email will pretty much just be about Ronay and his baptism. On Tuesday we had a lesson with Ronay and little Michael and we taught them the 10 commandments/sabbath day. All went well but just because I am a big ball of stress I was so worried that he wouldn't be ready for this committment. I know I didn't come out here to rack up my baptism number because they stress me out so much haha. I have been having a hard time grasping that you don't have to know EVERYTHING before your baptized. And Ronay has lots of questions. But I had many pep-talks with some Elders and also Hermana Pierce called and I feel that this is his time. 

So on Saturday night we showed up for another lesson with them but since the whole family was participating, we taught in some espanol. It was all good but I couldn't read how much everyone was understanding and I started to get frustrated. At the end of the lesson, Ronay told us that he was leaving town for the week but would get back the day of his baptism. Oh good. Lets just add some more stress. We still have like 4 lessons with you Ronay. What the heck! So anyway, we came to the conclusion to teach him on Sunday and his interview would be on Saturday morning (same day as baptism).

Sunday, we talked to him and so did the Elders and I had strong confirmation that he is ready. I am so excited for that special day for him. It has been a roller coaster ride trying to get this whole thing planned with barely knowing anyone and having a brand new missionary. But I am SO excited for Saturday. 

We have been teaching the Ibarra's still. I am still obsessed with them. Thats all. 

There was a giant, insane, scary, quick thunderstorm yesterday. I was freakin out haha. I got in the car and turned on "My Favorite Things" from the sound of music. It was all better after that haha. 

Funny Moment: #1 brought to you by Elder Trotter: "Yolo is the Yo form of the verb Yolar (meaning to only live once). HAHAHA! I was dying. 
#2 Tuesday night I had a bad headache and so I decided to take some Ibprofen PM to help me sleep. I took it about an hour before bed. At about 3am my companion was SCREAMING her head off and I woke up (still on drugs pretty much) and was like "WHATS WRONG?!?!" She sat up and smacked her head on the ceiling fan and then told me that she always has these dreams about bugs and spiders coming to kill her. I woke up the next day and couldn't wake up. The medicine didn't ware off until about 12oclock. It was awful haha. So after all that we went to do service for a less-active member and we showed up and told us that she needed help removing her bedbugs. She says "just make sure to wash your clothes when you get home so that you don't carry anything with you". I looked at my Hermana Dixon and she was just on the verge of laughing and crying at the same time. Okay lady..listen. I got called to WASHINGTON. Not India or some place where I am gonna "carry something home". Hahaha. It was an interesting experience to say the least haha.

Spiritual Moment: This whole week has been ups and downs trying to figure out the whole baptism situation but I have felt the spirit throughout the whole entire thing. I have felt that God is always here to answer our prayers. I want you all to know that I KNOW without a doubt that God is real and that he is there even when we don't feel like he is. IF we are willing to do the things that he asks, that is how we will feel his support. I know that God hears my prayers when I am stressed, when I miss my family (cough cough all the time), when I need some help to be a better companion, or when I just need someone to talk to. Prayer is so powerful and I know God wants to hear each and everyone of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment