Saturday, December 7, 2013

Just a Bunch of Random

(Nov 12, 2013)


Howdy Y'all!
 
Okay..first of all..HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCKSMELL. I can't believe you are so old. freaks me out. anyway..so we got to the library a little bit early so we went across the street to H&M. Worst idea ever. Don't worry, I didn't buy anything but HOLY MOLY I miss winter sweaters so much haha. It made me think of Nordstrom last year. I might miss clothes more than my own family. #Withdrawls. Hahaha. JOKE. I miss you all oh so much. Week are just flying by. I can't believe that in 9 months I will be at home. Loco. I am really trying to live it up while I am here.
 
This week I felt extra cool because we started re-teaching one of the cute ladys from the district movies. Her name is Ofelia and she is so sweet. She didn't even know there was a spanish congregation this whole time and that is her native language. SAY WHAT?? She was really excited that we spoke spanish too haha. So I hope that she will progress and her family will too.
 
One of the members that we work a lot with had a really hard fall and broke her hip and leg in 3 places. She is 87 years old. We have been visiting her a lot in the hospital. It is really sad to see how short life can be. But at the same time, she shared with us her cute stories from her life and I felt like I was hanging out with my own grandparents. So much to learn from them..youth these days are crazyyy loco.
 
Speaking of the youth, we have seen some really sad things happen with a lot of our investigators and members. Kids are doing the craziest things at such a young age. This week we got caught up in traffic because apparently, 2 minutes before, a 14 year old boy jumped off of a bridge onto this busy highway because he was being bullied. LIKE WHAT?! So sad. I am soo grateful that I have had God in my life to help me through hard times. I swear I am going to lock my own childeren up in a closet and never let them out haha.
 
We had another Mission President Fireside (with the music and conversion stories) this week. This one was in English so there were SO many people there. It was so weird to go to a meeting like that in english. The last one was probably the MTC. There were so many cool stories from converts and I got to sing in the choir. It was awesome.
 
I am now doing my personal progress in Spanish now. So..McKell, Cassidy, and Lexi..you have competition. Lets see who can finish first! Hehe. I am excited because I am doing it all in spanish and when I finish, I get the gold medallion :)
 
Spiritual: Lately, For one of our investigators, I have been studying a lot about the atonement and how it can help people overcome regret. I asked President Clayton more about his thoughts on the matter and he related it in the perfect way for me..relationships. He basically talked about when a relationship is broken up and the one person moves on and another one doesn't. The person who doesn't move on sits and thinks about every little thing that could have been and how they could have changed. But the only thing to do is to move on. He also told me the story of a friend he had that left his house with his wife and kids and they were hit by a drunk driver. The wife and one of his kids died. He couldn't help but think.."if only I left the house 5 seconds before.." and other thoughts like that. He used the atonement to forgive the drunk driver and move on. I think life can be really hard if we dwell on the past and think about "WHAT IF". Life is too short and it is time to just MOVE ON. (cue in Rascal Flatts "I'm Moving On" hehe) Sometimes we have to go through point B when we are on a journey from point A to point C. We are here in this moment in our lives for a reason and we are to learn day by day by experience and to be happy! Happieness.That is what God wants. Not regret.
 
Funny: In a spanish ward, about 95% percent of people are converts to the church. And most of them were catholic or christian. This week at a baptism, one of the recent converts was asked to give the closing prayer. Lets just say it was a good 5 minutes and it was a lot of yelling hahaha. The best part is that nobody else thought it was weird. just us gringos.
Oh and just a fun fact..I crossed 2 things off of my bucket list this week. 1. I finished a full chapstick without losing it and 2. I learned how to whistle with my fingers! WHOO!
 
Welllllp That's all folks.
 
Have a good week. Loves you all oh so much.
xoxo. smile always.
-Hermana McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment