Sunday, July 13, 2014

Livin' the Life. Jan 14, 2014

Hey Hey. What Up!
 
Sorry this email is gonna be a little short. I have spent the last hour actually responding to emails haha.
I just got back from walking around in 80 degree weather and eating free frozen yogurt with some of my besties. I LOVE MY MISSION. hahaha. life is so good. This week was great. MANUEL GOT BAPTIZED. whoop whooop! It was the smoothest baptism. He is the most prepared person I have ever taught. He just GETS IT. And he is hilarious. I am so happy I was able to be here. Last week we had transfers and we thought our whole district would get changed up but it didn't! Only one of my favorite sisters got moved. But in return we got a sister who served part of her mission in Chile. She is so sick. We always joke about how we both got kicked out of our missions haha. I am so pumped for another transfer in the celestial district of chula.
 
Ivette and Freshte are still doing awesome. They came to an activity and the baptism. We are really hoping and praying that February will be their month.
 
So...we play tennis every single morning for work out (watch out Cass..I can actually hit the ball over the net now). And we always see these people there (Note: people who play tennis are so nice). This one lady came up to us and was talking to us and she was like "OH MY SON IS MORMON! HE LIVES IN UTAH!..COME OVER FOR DINNER". So her name is Mimi and her husband is Fernando..she is from North Africa and speaks French. But she knows like 3 other languages. We ate Home made Chicken Cordon Bleu for dinner with some homemade pie and all this amazingness. They want us to come over every week to eat. She is jewish but reads the book of mormon. They are just so cool. Lovin' life. 
 
Spiritual: I am going to tell you The Story of The Giftcard.
So this Christmas, my mom gave me a giftcard to Walgreens. I was excited because at Walgreens you can get it all. Well, the next day, my gift card was nowhere to be found. I searched high and low. I asked everyone if they had it. It was gone. I prayed and prayed that I would find it. A few days went by and I had given up. But before I went to bed, I said a prayer and I thought to myself, "If I ever find that gift card..I am going to use it for something to serve someone else. I am going to use it to help somebody else out." The next day we were cleaning our car and there I found my gift card. But now this gift card meant something so much more. It meant service because the night before I told God how I would use it. So..the weeks went by and I still didn't know how to use it. This week, Manuel (the most golden investigator) was hit hard by Satan. It was bound to happen..its baptism week. But it wasn't by temptation or sadness but he had a trial. He got hit with Nmeonia (i have no idea how to spell that). This humble man doesn't have a job or money. I was able to go to Walgreens and get him all of the medicine he needed. I am so greatful for such a small experience that humbled me. He was able to get better just in time for his baptism. I know that God has a way of helping us see what is the most important in life.
 
Funny: Last night we were teaching one of my favorite members. She doesn't completely understand the church so we were trying to explain the purpose of the temple. She was so confused about it all haha. It was hilarious. But the best part was when she said..."So your telling me, that we go to the temple to get sealed to our families right?..so is that husband included or can I just pick my kids?" It was hilarious. She was so honest haha.
 
Love you all Have a great week.
xoxo. be you.
 
-Hermana McBride
 
Pics above:
1. Manuels Baptism
2. We get kicked out of missions. #ThugLyfe
3. Las Ninas
4. Mimi and Fernando (the frenchies)

No comments:

Post a Comment