Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Distance - Apr 29, 2014

Hola Hola:

Wow..overload of a week huh? First of all...CONGRATS to Mckelly for making the UVU dance team and Cassidy for the bonneville cheer team. I am so proud of you both. Next..Shout out to 2 of my best friends, Chaleh and Haley, who will be married this week. That is so weird to me and I wish I could be there but I love you both so much. Also, congrats to my cousin Cam for his wedding this weekend. Hmmm....I just found out that Ms. Nohemi (my first convert) is working on her mission papers. PROUD MISSIONARY MOMENT. Jonesy and Pierce are online writing me right now. That just makes me happy. Man oh man..today is a good day. 

This week we had an activity for "el dia de nino". It was super fun. I love that holiday. Probably because I know that I am still so immature hahaha. Still a little nino.

So..last week we got to go to the temple. The temple always makes everything better. Then we found the nearest noodles and company. A group of some of friends, noodles, and the temple...what more can you ask for?
 
Marlen is doing awesome. She really wants to change and is trying her hardest to mold her life. 

My homegirl Mitsy is finally putting her papers in this week. I AM SO EXCITED! yaaayaaa.

I am super pumped for this week. Elder Ballard is coming to speak to us! Whoo!! My first apostle sighting on my mission. 

I also heard a little rumor that we might be able to skype for mothers day! WHOO!! Its not for sure yet so don't get the hopes up too high.

Sorry this email is just so random.

Spiritual: This morning as I was getting ready, my ipod was shuffling and "I Can Go The Distance" from Hercules came on. I have never even seen that movie before and I usually just skip the song. Well, I was too lazy to go press skip and so I listened to this song. It was so cool to see how much this song applies to me right now. 

I have often dreamed of a far off place
where a great warm welcome will be waiting for me

The crowds will cheer when they see my face
And the voice keeps saying this is where I am meant to be

I am on my way, I can go the distance
I'll be there someday, somehow I'll be strong

I know every mile, will be worth my while
I will go most anywhere to find where I belong

I am at my last 100 days and I will go the distance. I will need lots of prayers but I am going to sprint my way home.

Funny: Two "madi" words were used my mexicans this week.
 1st: we were doing a puppet show for el dia de los ninos and the narrator was explaining something and said ESQUISHY. Word for the wise: add an E to the beginning of any word and it becomes spanish. My whole district just busted out laughing and yelled SOOO THQUISHYYYYY!.

2nd: We were in primary and they held up a picture and the teacher said "Who is this??" and a little mexican boy yelled out "UNAA LAAAADYYYY!" bahhaha. Again, all of the missionaries just busted out laughing.

I love you and I am so proud of everyone of you. 
you are amazing. I am so grateful for the people I have in my life.

Have a good week.
xoxo. be you.

-hermana mcbride

1. This is my ward mission leader. he is like 70 years old. And he did the peace sign haha.
2. BBQ with the english elders
3. Elotes for days..best thing ever :)
4. Alma (primary chorister) and Me (primary piano player) We make a good team :)






No comments:

Post a Comment