Sunday, July 13, 2014

Short & Sweet - Apr 8, 2014

Hey FamBam!

I kinda started this email late so I don't have much time. I was just signing up for classes in the fall..how weird is that?! 4 months. weird. This week has been alright. Conference was amazing..as always. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GPA DIPPO! Love you old man. I got attacked with a cold this week. Sinus headaches for dayyzzz. But I have been recooperating and trying to prevent infection again. 

It was hard to say goodbye to Sister Hyde. She was a homie. But our theory is that we shouldn't have even been companions in the first place because we are so tight. hahaha. My new companion is Hermana DeAngelo. She is way cool. She is from a small town in Nevada. We both go home at the same time so there is a big possibility that I will get transferred again before I leave :(. BUT HEY! Good news. Hermana Barnes and Hess are my new sister training leaders..which means EXCHANGES! whoop whoop! I am so pumped. 

General Conference was just amazing. I loved the talk given my Gary A. Stevenson about the olympics. I feel like my mission is just like a mini-version of my life. We were prepared before in the MTC, then we came here and we are just learning everyday, then we go home to our family. Life is only a second in the eternal perspective. 

I have started to slump a little bit this week. Change is always hard. And sickness sucks. But I am not gonna hit low again. The Elders gave me a blessing the other day when I started getting sick and it was SO legit. I have been serving with Elder Bone (my District Leader) for the whole time I have been in Cali. We are besties. So the blessing was super personal and very comforting. 

Spiritual: I was reading over a talk that my grandpa Dippo gave to me a few months ago. It is called "the miracle of a mission" by Jeffery R. Holland. It is definitely one of my favorite talks. There is a part that says, "I had a missionary ask me once if I would give my life for the Church. I said, “Elder, I am giving my life for the Church.” I know what he meant. What he meant was, “Would you die for it?” Well, that’s the easy part. That’s a snap! On some days it looks really appealing. That’s the easy part, to die for it. Well, what God needs is people who will live for it, people who will go the distance, people who are in this race we’re talking about that will go all the way to the tape. And some may die along the way and that’s wonderful, but He needs people who will finish the work. He needs people who will wrap this up, and that’s the pledge I make to you, and that’s the pledge He asked. We’re in this together.". 
I have pledged my life to this 18 months. Sometimes I am tired. Sometimes I want to just quit. But I am going to live for it. Because Jesus Christ lived for his mission too. 

Funny: We ate with one of my favorite members this week. She is just as crazy as I am. Well, the whole dinner I was showing her all the weird things I can do (put my fist in my mouth, sound like a transformer, bark like a dog etc.). She was laughing HISTERICALLY and she thinks I am insane. We are now called LAS LOCAS in her phone. hahaha. 

Sorry so short. HASTA SEMANA. love you. 

xoxo. be you.
-hermana mcbride

1. Me and Hermana DeAngelo
2. Me and my Homie Elder Bone

No comments:

Post a Comment